In 2012, The Legacy Harvest Foundation was born with a focus of rebuilding the lost employment dreams of many Americans. Founded on Christian principles, the Legacy Harvest Foundation's goal is to increase career employment, strengthen local economic development, and empower communities through quality programs. The Foundation launched its pilot program called Rebuilding Employment Dreams (R.E.D.) in fall 2012. In the past years, the Legacy Harvest Foundation has led several employment workshops and career fairs in Metro Atlanta. Since it’s inception, the Foundation has impacted thousands of jobseekers and companies seeking to grow their internal workforce. The following organizations have worked with the Legacy Harvest Foundation .
· DeKalb County Library
· Georgia Department of Labor
· DeKalb Rockdale Employer Committee
· Goodwill of North Georgia
Across all initiatives, the Legacy Harvest Foundation emphasizes:
- Partnership and Collaboration. The Foundation brings together governments, NGOs, and businesses in partnerships that harness each sector’s unique expertise and resources. No matter where the Foundation works, it engages partners on the ground to ensure that projects are properly responding to local needs.
- Measurable Results. The Foundation focuses its efforts in areas where it can have the greatest impact. Foundation projects develop best practices and lessons learned.
- Innovation and Markets. The Foundation drives the innovation of individuals and businesses to develop new approaches that respond to markets and economies.
- Efficiency and Sustainability. The Foundation spends every dollar and every moment wisely and works to ensure that projects can be affordably sustained by local communities.
- Replication and Scale. The Foundation ensures that programs can be replicated and expanded by organizations, governments, and individuals to address their own specific challenges.
- Systemic Change and Local Impact. The Foundation takes comprehensive approaches that reenvision entire systems while still responding to the unique challenges in the places where we work. Through strategic organization and investment, the Legacy Harvest Foundation strives to change entire communities, and the way business is done — while emphasizing solutions that make meaningful and positive changes in individual lives.